The Cooper R-7 is our smallest and lightest sleeping bag. It is great for warm weather camping, travel, and as an insulated liner to give a rectangular sleeping bag a temperature boost.
Critical Layer Construction™
We use efficient body-mapping construction to place the insulation where it will do the most good. You already have an insulating sleeping mat below you, and most of the sleeping bag insulation that is below will be compressed by your body weight, making it inefficient. We move much of this insulation to the top of our sleeping bags where it will trap warmth from your body. Then we add an extra layer of TrueLoft™ insulation in the core body area, from the neckline to below the beltline, to help achieve and maintain the temperature ratings. This extra layer of insulation will trap more warmth from the body than comparable sleeping bags, while adding very little to the weight, size, and cost of the sleeping bag. Think of it as putting on a jacket, the first thing we all do when we need to stay warm.
We call this Critical Layer Construction.?
• Pillow pocket provides a clean and secure place for a pillow, or stuff it with soft article of clothing.
• Drawcord at shoulder – use it to trap heat in and keep the cold out.
• Different shape and colour cordlocks used for ease of use at night.
• Anti-snag zipper tape, and insulated draft tube behind zipper.
• Glow in the dark fabric zipper pull
• Compression carry bag with 2 YKK quick release buckles.
• Hotcore sleeping bags of the same dimensions can be opened and zipped together around the outside edge.
Shape: Rectangular with pillow pocket
Length: 72" long plus 12" pillow pocket (182cm + 30cm)
Width: 32" wide (81cm)
Carry Weight: 2.1 lbs (0.95kg)
Carry Size: 10" long, 6" diameter (25cm x 15cm)
Temperature rating: +7°C (44°F)
Insulation: Siliconized TrueLoft microfibre insulation with Critical Layer Construction
Outer Fabric: Polyester ripstop with light DWR coating
Inner Fabric: Micro polyester, 50D
Zipper: #5, 2-way nylon coil self healing zipper