Log in if you have an account
Dont have an account? Register
An adaptable external frame pack with 5,500 cu. in. capacity that is designed to get all of your gear in and pack even more out. Features a lightweight carbon fiber frame and fully adjustable harness and waist belt system.
The 5,500 cu. in. Gannett is engineered for backcountry hunting. Its cavernous size is just what you want to bring all the gear you need into the field for an extended adventure and be able to pack your trophy out. The external frame design is highly versatile and can be used to haul meat with the pack section on or off the frame.
The frame is made of 100% carbon fiber for extremely light weight and maximum rigidity. It features a meat shelf is that designed to accommodate everything from boned out meat to heavy quarters. Four straps on the frame secure the load to the frame before the pack section is added. The pack itself then adds another 8 points of adjustment to further secure the load.
The Gannett pack section can be easily unclipped from the frame or quickly dropped down for access the meat shelf. The pack section has large, central gear area that can be accessed through the top of the pack or through a large duffel-style opening in the front and uses additional straps on the back to secure heavy or bulky items. The interior is divided into smaller storage pockets on the front lid. On the front of the pack, a large pocket is accessible from both sides for quick access to the interior. This pocket is built to fit a large spotting scope and can be tightened independently from the rest of the pack using two straps. The pack section also includes a pocket and clips for a hydration bladder (not included). The head of the pack section contains two separate storage compartments that are accessible without opening the lid of the pack. The larger compartment has a small mesh pocket for additional organization.
The harness system is fully-adjustable to offer a customized fit to optimize long-haul comfort for a wide variety of users. Padded shoulder straps have over five inches of torso length adjustment and are also adjustable for angle to accommodate broad or narrow shoulders. The shoulder strap contour was specifically designed to distribute weight on a variety of body types. Lumbar padding is adjustable for thickness and density with easily removeable layers. Ideal weight distribution across the back and hips comes from hip belt padding that is profiled with thicker padding towards the back for better contact between the belt and waist. The hip belt can be tightened easily and quickly with just one hand. The point of attachment for the load lifters can be changed to accommodate the addition of a meat load or even shorter torso length.
• Ovix Camo
• 5,500 cubic inch total capacity
• Total dry weight: 5.8 lbs
• Rugged 500 denier nylon exterior
• Detachable 100% carbon fiber frame
• Pack section and meat shelf can be used independently with frame
• Main compartment is accessible through top and through duffel-style opening on front
• Straps inside main compartment secure large or bulky items
• Overstuff feature adds several hundred cubic inches of capacity while keeping the pack compact when not in use
• Shoulder straps adjust for angle and offer 5" of torso length adjustment
• Adjustable lumbar padding
• Included adjustable rifle/bow carrier can be used on either side or rear of pack
• Built-in hydration pocket and hose openings (hydration bladder not included)
• Rain fly included
• Easy-access mesh pockets inside compartment lids
• Duraflex buckles
• YKK zippers
• Item Number: 12914134
• UPC: 023614980209
• Material: NYLON
• Color: Ovix
• Weight: 5 lbs 12.8 oz
0 stars based on 0 reviews
Add your review
Review Browning Gannett 5500 Hunting Pack Major Brown