Log in if you have an account
Dont have an account? Register
New for 2021 – Bolt-action rifle with heavy sporter contour barrel, removeable muzzle brake, removeable magazine, top-tang thumb safety, extended bolt handle, composite stock with new adjustable comb system and A-TACS AU Camo finish.
• Heavy sporter contour barrel with 5/8"-24 TPI suppressor threads with threaded muzzle brake (thread protector included)
• Composite stock with A-TACS AU Camo finish
• New adjustable comb system
• Ergonomic extended bolt handle
IMPORTANT: Unless specifically listed as included with a firearm, accessories shown such as scopes, optical sights, rings, ring mounts, optic rails, bipod rails, ammunition, etc. are not included with the firearm. Accessories are available at authorized Browning dealers and here on Browning.com.
Barrel Accuracy Logo
• The X-Bolt is free-floated by bedding the front and rear of the action for stability and to help maintain barrel to stock spacing for consistent accuracy. A recessed muzzle crown helps protect the rifling from damage.
X-Bolt rifle Feather Trigger logo
• For precise shooting in the field or off the bench, there’s absolutely no substitute for a good, predictable trigger. The X-Bolt’s new three-lever Feather Trigger provides a clean, crisp pull with no take-up or creep and minimal overtravel. The trigger is screw adjustable from 3 to 5 lbs. and factory pre-set at approximately 3 1/2 lbs. An alloy trigger housing contains the hard chromed steel components that are highly polished on all critical contact surfaces. Precise engagement angles mean the X-Bolt Feather Trigger feels light and right and stays that way through many thousands of rounds. Unlike competitors’ triggers with secondary fingerpiece levers, the Feather Trigger is designed right, from the very start.
• Without a great trigger, a rifle's accuracy is no more than luck. Our crisp and smooth three-level Feather Trigger gives Browning X-Bolt rifles custom trigger performance straight from the box.
X-Bolt rifle X-Lock logo.
• Securely mounted optics are essential to the accuracy and precision of any rifle. To ensure the new X-Bolt rifle has the most stable mount possible, it features the X-Lock scope mounting system. The X-Lock system uses four screws per base, replacing the traditional two-screw system. The benefits are obvious, with the scope bases being secured at all four corners rather than only held at the center of the base. This allows for more accurate placement of the bases on the receiver. This revolutionary X-Lock system holds the base tighter to the rifle than ever before.
• This recoil pad has proprietary construction and material to promote a directional deflection of recoil forces, pulling the stock comb away from your face to reduce felt recoil and muzzle climb.
Bolt Unlock Button
• The bolt unlock button is a feature found on the Browning X-Bolt and the AB3 bolt action rifles.
• It works in conjunction with the top-tang safety to provide an added measure of safety during checking and unloading of the chamber. Conveniently located on top of the bolt lever, the bolt unlock button allows the bolt to be unlocked and opened with the safety in the on safe position. The safety blocks the trigger sear and features a firing pin block for added safety.
• This feature is likely one of the most understated and under appreciated of Browning features until you actually use it. Then it becomes an integral part of the use and operation of your rifle.
• X-Bolt Version
• The bolt unlock button works in conjunction with the top-tang safety to provide an extra margin of safety when checking and unloading the chamber.
• Located on top of the bolt handle, the bolt unlock button allows the bolt to be unlocked and opened with the tang safety in the on safe position.
• The convenient tang safety blocks the trigger sear and features a firing pin block for added security.
60º Bolt Lift
• A 60º bolt is something you want. Browning X-Bolt, A-Bolt and AB3 rifles have a short 60° bolt lift. Many competitors' rifles incorporate a 90° bolt lift that is not only slower and cumbersome but places the bolt near or on the rifle's scope, making the bolt more difficult to operate. The 60° bolt lift has been a hallmark of Browning bolt action rifles for over three decades.
• The comfort and convenience of the added clearance between an open bolt and a large scope cannot be overstated. You will appreciate it. This photo below details the X-Bolt.
• Short 60° bolt lift is fast cycling and the hand easily clears the scope.
• The bolt is machined from solid steel bar stock for strength and custom rifle precision.
• Three locking lugs provide exceptional bolt strength.
• Several Browning firearms feature a rotary style magazine. They are distinguised by the fact that the cartridges make a circular path as the move from the "bottom" of the magazine to the top position. The Browning X-Bolt and the Browning T-Bolt are current models featuring rotary magazines. The advantage of a rotary magazine, versus one which offsets every other round to the right and left it that the cartridge is always presented perfectly in the middle. There is no left/right bias similar to a single stack magazine.
• X-Bolt Magazines. They are constructed from a durable lightweight polymer, the magazine is designed to feed cartridges directly in-line with the bolt, instead of offset as with traditional leaf-spring magazines, for a straight shot right into the chamber. An ergonomic magazine-mounted release lets the magazine rotate directly downward and into your hand. The magazine sits flush with the bottom of the rifle for a sleeker appearance. Additional magazines can be kept loaded and carried in your pocket or pack for easy access.
• Item Number: 035516299
• UPC: 023614851325
• Action Length: Short Action
• Caliber: 6.8 WESTERN
• Barrel Length: 26"
• Overall Length: 46"
• Length of Pull: 13 5/8"
• Drop at Comb: Adj
• Drop at Heel: Adj
• Weight: 7 lbs 7 oz
• Magazine Capacity: 3
• Twist Rate: 7 1/2"
• Barrel Finish: Matte Blued
• Stock Finish: A-TACS AU
• Receiver Finish: Matte Blued
• Chamber Finish: Polished
• Barrel Material: Steel
• Barrel Contour: Sporter
• Stock Material: Composite
• Recoil Pad: Inflex 1, Small
• Pistol Grip Cap: None
• Checkering: Textured Grip Panels
• Sling Swivel Studs: Matte Blued
• Receiver Material: Steel
• Trigger Finish: Gold Plated
• Bolt Slide Finish: A-TACS AU
• Magazine Type: Detachable
• Trigger Material: Alloy
• Trigger Guard Material: Alloy
• Trigger Guard Engraving: Buck Mark in Gold
• Floor Plate Material: Composite
• Drilled and Tapped for Scope: Yes
♦♦ This item does not qualify for free shipping - Extra Freight Charges Apply. Please see checkout for final postage cost to your location ♦♦
0 stars based on 0 reviews
Add your review
Review Browning X-Bolt Western Hunter Bolt-Action Rifle