Small dimensions, outstanding optics: thanks to its length of 285 mm (11.2 in), the STC spotting scope with straight view will fit in any backpack.
A weight of just 980 g (34.6 oz) makes it a top choice for tours in rough terrain and remote areas. The clever half shell makes it easier to position on a surface without a tripod and allows unimpeded turning of the focusing and zoom wheel at all times. In combination with the VPA 2, the STC is ideal for digiscoping. The carrying strap adds the perfect finishing touch.
• Compact and lightweight
• Removable half shell lets you position the scope on a surface without impeding focus or zoom
• Spectacular colour intensity and razor-sharp images with SWAROVISION
• Field-flattener lenses for an almost-flat, distortion-free image
• Innovative lens coatings for excellent colour rendering and high light transmission
• Constructed as a single unit for lasting durability
• Waterproof to 4m (13'"
• Available in Angled viewing (ATC) and straight viewing (STC) models
Effective objective lens diameter: 56mm
Field of View (at 1,000 Yards): 186' to 102'
Close Focus Distance: 3.4m (11.2')
Eye Relief: 20mm
Environment and Conditions
Functional temperature: -25°C to 55°C (-13 to 131 °F)
Storage temperature: -30C to 70°C (-22 to +158 °F)
Submersion tightness: 4 metres (13 ft) water depth (inert gas filling)
Weight: 980 grams (34.6 oz)
Length: 285 mm (11.2 in)
• objective lens cover
• eyepiece cover
• cleaning cloth
• tripod connection thread adaptor
• Carry strap
Note: This is the telescope/spotting scope body only
20-60x Eyepiece: item 49430, $799.00
The ATS-65 HD Telescope/spotting scope (angled Viewing) from Swarovski is a rugged yet refined scope from one of the world's most renowned optics manufacturers.
The ATS and STS (straight viewing) series combines the unmatched image quality and world-class workmanship that nature enthusiasts, tactical professionals, and researchers have come to expect from Swarovski. The 65mm configuration is compact, relatively lightweight, and particularly well-suited for the hunter or birdwatcher on-the-go.
Swarovski's proprietary SwaroVision technologies redefine the standard for optical excellence. Fluoride-containing HD elements are the core of the STS series spotting scopes. These premium-glass elements efficiently transmit all wavelengths of visible light, resulting in bright images that are color-faithful, crisp, and rich with detail. SWARODUR and SWAROTOP coatings on all lenses and prisms minimize glare while maximizing contrast. Phase-corrected prisms ensure that images are rendered with unsurpassed clarity. Perfecting the optical path is a SwaroVision field flattener lens that eliminates geometric optical distortion throughout the zoom range. Field flattener lenses reduce barrel and pincushion artifacts common in wide angle and telephoto optics while preserving clarity and sharpness along the edges of the field of view.
Optional digi-scoping accessories from Swarovski allow operators to transform their STS spotting scope into a formidable digital imaging platform. These accessory adapters enable integration with point-and-shoot, mirrorless, and DSLR camera systems, and feature the build-quality and thoughtful engineering you expect from Swarovski. Now your superior optics can be used to capture high-definition stills and video of that rare bird or butterfly in your sight. A removable sighting aid acts as an auxiliary scope for easy target acquisition while a camera is mounted to the eyepiece.
Ergonomic handling and user-friendly functionality package the ATS/STS premium optics into a full-featured glassing system.
The 20-60x eyepiece (sold separately) features a wide viewing angle and generous eye relief, making the ATS/STS an observer's delight and nothing less than you expect from Swarovski.
The eyepiece quickly attaches/detaches from the objective assembly's bayonet mount for easy disassembly, transportation, and storage.
The ATS-65 and STS-65 telescopes are also available in a kit with the 20-60x eyepiece. At Outdoor Essentials we chose to offer these items separately because combined the spotting scope body and eyepiece cost the same as the kit and as our customer you could purchase both the 65mm and full-size 80mm spotting scope body and use it with just one eyepiece saving you money
The nitrogen purged, o-ring sealed, and rubber armored housing ensure waterproof, fogproof, and shockproof performance in almost any environment.
Whether you are in the wild or at the range, the ATS/STS spotting scope is engineered to deliver world-class performance in extreme conditions for years to come.
• 65mm objective diameter
• 20-60x zoom eyepiece (sold separately, item 49430)
• Angle of view: 65-40°(apparent), 2.1-1.1°(actual)
• Fluoride-containing apochromatic HD glass elements
• SWARODUR and SWAROTOP high-contrast optical coatings
• Field flattener lens eliminates geometric optical distortion and preserves edge sharpness
• Phase-corrected roof prisms
• Lightweight and rugged aluminum housing
• Supple yet durable rubber armored exterior
• Nitrogen-purged interior for waterproof/fogproof performance
-13 to 131°F (-25 to 55°C) operating temperature
• Submersible to 13 ft (4 m)
• Wide angle of view and extra-long eye relief
• Click-stop twist-in eyecup
• Removable sighting aid
• Angled viewing configuration
• Ergonomic and oversized focus wheel
• Integrated tripod collar for convenient mounting
• Digi-scoping compatible with point-and-shoot, mirrorless, and DSLR cameras
0 stars based on 0 reviews
Add your review
Review Swarovski STC 17-40x56mm Spotting Scope (straight viewing), Green